28 Feb 2012

The Golden Light by Sri Aurobindo

















Thy golden Light came down into my brain
  And the grey rooms of mind sun-touched became
A bright reply to Wisdom's occult plane,
  A calm illumination and a flame.

Thy golden Light came down into my throat
   And all my speech is now a tune divine,
A paean song of Thee my single note;
   My words are drunk with the Immortal's wine.

Thy golden Light came down into my heart
   Smiting my life with Thy eternity;
Now has it grown a temple where Thou art
   And all its passions point towards only Thee.

Thy golden Light came down into my feet;
My earth is now Thy play field and Thy seat.
                         ------------------

Let the Truth be your master and your guide.
        We aspire for the Truth and its triumph in our being and our activities.
Let the aspiration for the Truth be the dynamism of our efforts.
         O Truth! We want to be guided by Thee. May Thy reign come upon earth.
                                                                           
                                                               -THE MOTHER

No comments:

Post a Comment