21 Mar 2012

Sufi Wisdom & அம்மாவுக்கு.

I died from minerality and became vegetable;
And from vegetativeness I died and became animal.
I died from animality and became man.
Then why fear disappearance through death?
Next time I shall die
Bringing forth wings and feathers like angels;
After that, soaring higher than angels --
What you cannot imagine, 
I shall be that.


(Reproduced from AIM December 2011)


I record with grief the passing away of Smt. Lakshmi Sabnis wife of Shreeji last night  [20-3-12]. She was always affectionate like a mother.  A very simple lady she always used to ask about the welfare of each and everyone in the family. I pray for her soul to rest in peace.


When my mother passed away  I wrote a poem for her. I reproduce the same here. It was published in 'Mangaiyar malar,' tamil magazine in June 2011.


                    அம்மாவுக்கு

ஓ அம்மா, உன்னை நான் பார்க்க ஓடோடி வந்தேன்!
நீயோ கண்ணாடிப் பெட்டிக்குள்--ஏனம்மா?
எதற்காகப் படுத்துக் கொண்டாய்!
பனிப் பெட்டிக்குள் விரைத்துப் போனாயே?
சிறு காற்று வீசினாலும் சின்னக் குழந்தையைப்
போல் சில்லென்று இருக்கிறது என்பாயே!


அது என்ன சின்னப் பெண் போல தலையிலே
பட்டாம் பூச்சி வடிவமாய் ரிப்பன்?
ஓயாமல் பேசும் உன் வாயோ அழகாக
பிறை நிலாப் போல் சில்லிட்டு......
அட அம்மா, தூங்கும் அழகியாய்
துன்பங்களிலிருந்து விடுபட்டு


மூடிக்கிடக்கும்  கண்கள்  ஒரு யோகியைப்
போல்,  உள்  நோக்கி  ஆழ்ந்து அமைதியாய்!
எங்கே போனாய் நீ உன் உடலை மட்டும் 
இங்கே விட்டு?  நாளையோ உடல் போகும்
அக்னிக்கு இரையாகும். நீரிலும், வானிலும்,
காற்றிலும் கலந்து வானப் பெரு வெளியில் 
கலந்து விடுவாய், என்னை மட்டும் தனியே விட்டு!
                         ------------------
இறைவன் மனிதனுக்கு  கடனாக அளித்த பொக்கிஷம் தாய்!
அவளை மீண்டும் தன்னிடத்தே கூட்டிக்கொள்வதில் ஆண்டவனுக்கு ஆனந்தம்.










No comments:

Post a Comment